Thank you for considering One Brick for your organization's volunteer needs. Please
take a few minutes to better understand the requirements for One Brick projects. If
your needs fit within these guidelines, please contact us to request support for your
- We look for events that we can staff with at least 15 volunteers.
- Breaking out in smaller groups of no less than 5 during a project is fine.
- While we are there to volunteer, we do try to incorporate a social
element, enabling volunteers to chat with one another while working together.
Activities that are conducive to this are preferred.
- We typically work 2-4 hour shifts. If your event is longer than this, do consider
breaking out the volunteer responsibilities into shifts. One Brick can then take
responsibility for bringing volunteers to one of the shifts. (Rarely will we be able
to arrange to cover multiple shifts.)
- One Brick will provide an event manager at every event to help mobilize the
volunteers and keep things running smoothly. A representative from your organization
must be present at all times as well.
- One Brick requires a minimum of 6-8 weeks notice to consider requests
for volunteer support. We are sometimes able to accommodate requests with less lead
time if we do not have any conflicting events during the time you
need and we can secure an Event Manager and Coordinator to oversee
- As One Brick is completely volunteer-run, we limit our
events to weeknights and weekends.
- Please also understand it may sometimes take a few days to respond to your
request, as we pass information across our team to determine if we will be able to
coordinate coverage for your event.
Information We'll Require
- If we have not worked with your organization in the past, a short bio on your
organization and its mission.
- A short description of what we will be doing during the project and how this
benefits the overall effort.
- If it has been an ongoing project, please provide a little history about the
- How many volunteers you will need.
- Dates and times you will need volunteers.
- A clear meeting place.
- Special instructions such as parking or clothing to wear, etc.
- Directions to the site.
- Contact name, telephone and email of the person we will interface with at the
- Anything else of note that you would like volunteers to be aware of.
Setting Up an Event
If you have a project that fits our requirement please
send us an email containing the above "Information We'll Require". For events in
San Francisco and Oakland, please email sf-events at onebrick.org.